Onkyo unveils latest AV receiver
Electronics manufacturer Onkyo has announced it latest 7.2-channel AV receiver, the TX-NR686.
The new receiver offers multi room audio, 4k video support and 3D audio through its 165W per channel AV system. The TX-NR686 can be connected to home assistant devices such as Google Home to control music playback through the receiver.
Spotify, TIDAL and several other music streaming services are built into the receiver, which can be controlled via remote through the Onkyo Controller smartphone app.
Overview of the TX-NR686’s key features:
- 165 W per channel
- THX® Certified Select™ cinema reference sound
- Supports 5.2.2-channel Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® playback
- Supports Chromecast built-in and works with Google Assistant
- FlareConnect™ wireless multi-room audio
- Dual-band Wi-Fi, DTS Ply-Fi®, AirPlay, Spotify®, TIDAL, Deezer, TuneIn
- HDMI 7 (1 in front) / main out and sub out supporting 4K/60H, HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision™, BT.2020 and HDCP 2.2 pass-through
- Dynamic audio amplification with 4-ohm speaker-driving capability
- 384 KHz/32-bit DAC and VLSC™ filtering
The TX-NR686 will be available from 1 April 2018.
Onkyo products are distributed in Australia by Amber Technology.