Kordz powers Taipei 101’s immersive 4K projection mapping
Our digital experiences are advancing rapidly, becoming ever more immersive, interactive and engaging. Located on the fifth floor of Taiwan’s tallest building, Ambi Space One pushes the boundaries of time and space by projecting larger-than-life high-res imagery.
Moving art, music videos, live concerts and other exclusive content moves across entire wall and floor surfaces. Visitors of the interactive entertainment venue don’t just passively watch the exhibitions and performances, they become active participants.
A key component of this breathtaking experience is a high-performance cabling network from Kordz. This network seamlessly connects a combination of 43 strategically placed and specially calibrated 2K and 4K video projectors. It also networks state-of-the-art processors, projection mapping equipment, and interactive sensors. A network capable of staying on pace with the fast and heavy flow of AV traffic throughout the 858m2 space was essential.
The venue was large, and the project was ambitious. High-quality technology and a complex AV equipment layout with projectors located far from processors and sources posed a challenge. Despite these challenges, a hardwired network of Kordz cabling and components held it all together. The result is beautifully choreographed immersive art displays that put Ambi Space One on the map as one of the country’s most technologically advanced entertainment and exhibition venues.
The networking system at Ambi Space One in the country’s tallest building, Taipei 101, consists of the following:
- Kordz PLX-HDB.3 HDBaseT extenders
- 4K HDMI, IR, RS-232 and PoC over a single Cat6 cable supporting 1080p resolutions up to 70m and 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 up to lengths of 40m
- PRO3 Passive HDMI cables
- 100% factory tested to support 18Gbps transmission
- Highly flexible fire-rated cable featuring lightweight, small form-factor assemblies to simplify installation for the professional AV integrator
- Backed by Kordz Lifetime Warranty
- ONE-Cat6 and ONE-Cat6A cables
- Kordz ONE Series Cat6 U/UTP and Cat6A F/UTP cable is engineered to exceed 4K video bandwidth requirements
- Rapid-EZ reel is metre marked and flows from the supplied pull box without twisting or curling, minimising snags for optimal installation ease
- ONE series Cat6 cable is tested and approved to exceed 550Mhz, is HDBaseT recommended and exceeds the ANSI/TIA 568-D.2 standards
“Apart from the distribution of video, which represents the core asset of Ambi Space One, Kordz’ products were also used to hardwire IP cameras, plus video wall and security systems. Thanks to the support of Kordz throughout the integration process, we didn’t have to worry about the connectivity infrastructure at all,” Ambi Space One vice general manager Fina Lin says.
Although Ambi Space One was outfitted with a huge assortment of state-of-the-art AV technologies, the equipment is invisible to the naked eye. Without visual distractions, Ambi Space One guests become fully immersed and engaged with unique interactive performances, exhibitions, and productions.
To comply with demanding design and performance objectives, video projectors reside more than 50m away from the source equipment. Any buffering or downtime would impact the experience and needed to be avoided at all costs. Kordz’ HDMI extenders and cabling enable fast and robust transmission of high-res AV signals with minimal degradation, latency or loss.
The bandwidth requirements of Ambi Space One are immense, as content is pushed into the facility from some of the most advanced technologies available today: 5G cellular service and 4K projectors. Kordz’ highly rated HDMI and Cat6 cables ably support these heavy data streams.