Chowmain releases Elk/Ness M1 security panel driver for Control 4
Chowmain Software and Apps has released a driver for Elk’s M1 Controls incorporate security, fire, door entry control and energy and task management to provide total control of home or business.
Elk’s M1 Controls incorporate security, fire, door entry control and energy and task management to provide total control of the home or business. These IP-accessible systems offer simple, yet powerful on-site and remote user interfaces, passing on full control to the consumer anytime, from anywhere.
The Chowmain M1 driver for Control4 gives users extensive integration of the M1 functionality to truly expand Control4’s functionality to not only security based services but also occupancy, input/output expansion for automation tasks, access control, lighting and more.
The driver is compatible with both Ness M1 and ELK M1 systems.
- End user alarm interface features
- Full support for all eight areas
- Large variety of arming modes – Away, Stay, Stay instant, Night, Vacation, Disarm
- Bypass/unbypass functionality, with zone bypass feedback
- Alarm code change function (can be disabled by Installer)
- Virtual function button support – F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6
- Fire, Panic, Police and Medical Emergency functionality built into alarm (Requires configuration and testing by Installer).
- Invalid user code feedback
- Both detailed and simple zone feedback options, with zone list
- Visual feedback of warnings and trouble
- History support
- Output control and feedback for all outputs (requires configuration by installer)
- Customer/client door access administration with Wiegand Learning Support
- Email and push notifications for major events (including usernames)
- Events for AC failures, AC restoration, battery low, remote fob and more
- Installer features
- A huge library of events including trouble, function key feedback, tasks and keypad accesses for door access
- Quickly configure push/email notifications for major events
- Alarm state events, including an improved alarm event
- M1 and M1XEP version feedback
- Powerful logging functions via Control4 Composer History
- User accessible alarm code modification (can be disabled by Installer)
- M1 counters (requires manual polling by installer)
- Automatic clock sync
- Temperature integration
- Powerful Commands are provided including: activation of tasks, bypass zones, unbypass zones or partitions, change user code, display text on keypad, function key presses, polling/writing of M1 counters, panel clock sync, toggle outputs
- Basic support for M1 Lighting: lights, relays and dimmers integration via M1 for greater integration and Advanced Lighting Support.
- Zone integration via Contact Closure
- Temperature sensor
- Keypad bindings for RF Keyfob & Keypad Function Buttons