Solving storage issues with PegasusPro
PROMISE Technology Inc., a storage solutions provider distributed by Blonde Robot, has announced the global availability of its PegasusPro Series storage solution.
Following years of development targeted toward Adobe Creative Cloud users, PegasusPro Series offers seamless integration with Adobe Premiere Pro video editing software enabling support for collaborative editing of 4K/5K video formats over 10Gb Ethernet.
PegasusPro Thunderbolt 3 and 10Gb network ports facilitate super-fast upload speeds, ideal for filmmakers and other multimedia professionals who need collaboration and high-resolution file-sharing capabilities.
PegasusPro Series features FileBoost proprietary breakthrough technology that facilitates high-performance DAS-to-NAS and NAS-to-DAS file transfer to support simultaneous playback and editing of 4K/5K video without frame-drop. The combined performance boost from FileBoost and PROMISE RAID technology with HDD or SSD saves time and delivers a vast improvement in post-production workflow for collaborative editing.
Adobe head of partner relations for video, Sue Skidmore says: “Collaborations with companies such as PROMISE, which provides integrated storage solutions for Adobe Premiere Pro, helps us empower creative pros to push their boundaries without technology getting in their way. PROMISE PegasusPro works seamlessly with Adobe Premiere Pro to enable multiple editors without compromising performance, and provide a vast improvement in the post-production workflow.”
PegasusPro Series includes two models; PegasusPro R16 and PegasusPro R8. Both can be configured according to specific need and user scenarios and boast the following features and benefits:
- Technology Breakthrough: convert from DAS to NAS and vice-versa with patent-pending FileBoost for the first time, reducing previously troublesome transferring and sharing time to just one-click.
- Investment Protection: aggregate, share content and expand up to a total of six Pegasus3 and/or Pegasus32 via daisy chain to ensure the best utilisation of assets to Pegasus users, which can be upgraded and adapted to fit future needs such as 8K resolution.
- No Performance Compromise: embrace high-performance Thunderbolt 3 DAS volume for collaborative workflow features on Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere, Autodesk Flame, etc.
- Ease-of-Use: ‘Plug and Play’ with intuitive and straightforward PROMISE Utility Pro to simplify user and data administration, enables seamless transition.
- Reliable Data Protection: robust and proven Promise RAID engine offers peace of mind.