Sennheiser and 1 Beyond announce TeamConnect Ceiling 2 camera upgrade
Sennheiser and 1 Beyond have announced the release of a new camera tracking solution that offers voice-activated camera tracking for rooms of any size.
This solution leverages the audio quality and accurate beam position information provided by the TeamConnect Ceiling 2 microphone array combined with 1 Beyond’s advanced camera positioning algorithm to offer close-up shots of people speaking in a room, whether they are seated or standing anywhere in a room.
Multiple ceiling microphones can be combined to cover larger spaces and up to 12 cameras can be placed anywhere to get the best camera angles regardless of where the speaker is located.
Some of the distinguishing features of this solution include:
- An intelligent switching algorithm: with multiple cameras the remote participants see broadcast style cuts and no camera movement
- Auto-configuration based on a room design: No camera presets need to be set manually
- Customisable shot widths: the installer can select how tight or broad the camera angles should be
- Ability to distinguish between seated and standing participants: uses the microphone’s reported height as well as horizontal position of the talker
- More possible camera angles per microphone: The beam can point to up to 700 unique positions giving more precise audio location information
- Multi-source layouts: show wide shot of room along with active speaker for context
- Discussion mode that shows the two most recent talkers in side-by-side
Sennheiser global alliance and partnership manager Charlie Jones says that 1 Beyond offers advanced camera tracking that pairs perfectly with the TCC2 microphone array.
“Unlike other products in the market, the TCC2 does not limit the number of zones you can use for camera tracking. This allows the real-time positional information from the microphone to automatically switch the cameras to the optimal view, regardless of where the speaker is located in the room, ensuring a lifelike meeting and classroom experience for remote participants. 1 Beyond has even automated the system setup resulting in a system that is extremely powerful while still easy to deploy.”
1 Beyond chief executive Terry Cullen adds: “1 Beyond’s Automate VX solution has been on the market for over four years and is a mature product with many advanced features. We’re excited about this partnership. The combination of Sennheiser and 1 Beyond technologies really advances the state of the art for voice-tracking camera solutions”.