Chowmain Soft releases PLA88CS driver for Control4
Chowmain Soft has released the free manufacturer-sponsored Blustream PLA88CS driver for Control4.
The PLA88CS is a 4K HDMI 2.0 8×8 matrix, distributing HDMI, ARC, LAN, Bi-directional IR / RS-232 and PoC up to lengths of 150m (1080p) over a single CAT cable.
Advanced optional features include dual HDMI and HDBaseT outputs featuring CSC for support of 4K resolutions including 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 colour space and HDR, with independent downscaling of 4K video to allow those displays only capable of supporting lower video resolutions to receive 4K video while still showing maximum original UHD resolution on the higher-definition displays.
The PLA88CS includes independent audio routing, Audio Return Channel (ARC), Optical (S/PDIF) audio delay for lip sync correction, bi-directional IR and RS-232 pass-through and a web-GUI for control and configuration.
The matrix also provides advanced features including independent Dolby Audio (Atmos) and DTS Audio down mixing on HDMI and audio outputs allowing a mixture of different audio output formats for use with different audio-capable displays and AV amplifiers.
On top of routing of audio and video signals Control4 integration also provides dedicated source and display drivers for CEC-based control.
Integration to Control4 provides functionalities including matrix routing, default CEC commands mapped to proxy commands, embed audio which replaces Audio stream from specific output with Audio from specified Input.
In addition, the matrix includes the functionalities:
- Power Off HDBT Receiver: Powers Off HDBT Receiver
- Power Off HDBT Transmitter: Powers Off HDBT Transmitter
- Power Off Matrix: Power off the Matrix Switch
- Power On Matrix: Power on the Matrix Switch
- Power On HDBT Receiver: Powers On HDBT Receiver
- Power On HDBT Transmitter: Powers On HDBT Transmitter
- Preset Apply: Applies a prestored Preset
- Preset Clear: Clears/Deletes a prestored Preset
- Preset Save: Saves Settings as a Preset