Audio Excellence by Screen Excellence makes its North American debut at 2017 CEDIA Expo
Screen Excellence has announced it will debut its Audio Excellence series in the US at CEDIA Expo, with live home theatre demonstrations throughout the event with booth partners Seymour-Screen Excellence, Wolf Projectors and Acurus.
The Audio Excellence series has been shipping abroad since last year and is now available for sale in North America. It consists of several limited-range loudspeakers, subwoofers, rack-mountable multi-channel amplifiers and DSP crossovers that can accommodate from 5.1 to complete 3D audio setups.
The systems are designed to create the kind of continuous, high sound pressure levels and exacting bass experienced in commercial cinemas.
The series includes:
- Vertex LCRs / Surrounds – The Vertex includes three limited range, high-SPL loudspeakers that operate from 100Hz to 22kHz and are coupled with a subwoofer via an active outboard DSP crossover. The Vertex enclosures are hand-crafted in England and finished with absorbent foam.
- Raijuu Subwoofers – The Raijuu series consists of two compact subwoofers, the Raijuu 1 and 2, which operate from 20Hz to 100Hz. Raijuu 2 is a vented sub featuring a professional 18” driver and power handling capacity of 1,400W. The Raijuu 1 employs a 12” driver and can be used in multiples in modular approach to create a huge subwoofer effect.
- Quattro Amps – The Quattro 06 is a four-channel amp capable of delivering high current and high voltage on four channels simultaneously. It delivers 4x600W per channel in 8Ω, 4x1200W in 4Ω, and 2x2400W in 8Ω in bridge mode. Quattro 04 has the same design as the 06, with a slightly lower power rating that is ideal for less demanding applications, such as small systems surround or ceiling channels.
- Octo 05 Amp – The Octo 05 is an eight-channel power amplifier operating in Class D that delivers 8x500W per channel in 8Ω or 900W in 4Ω. Its ultrafast switches afford a super low signal to noise ratio, resulting in a natural, analogue-like sound quality.
- Combination Digital Signal Processor /Amp – The DSP Quattro 06 combines a digital active crossover with a four-channel high-power amplifier. Any of its four input signals can be routed to any output making it the ideal solution for powering the L,C,R channel speakers with an added channel bass extension.
- DSP Crossover – The DP 48 MKII digital active crossover incorporates four inputs that can be routed to any of its eight outputs. The unit features DSP crossover functionality, including parametric and shelving equalisation and delays.
The Audio Excellence systems employ Screen Excellence owner Patrice Congard specific approach to loudspeaker design, layout logic and signal routing, which are influenced by his experience in the professional audio world.
Known as the Congard Code, it’s a simple home theatre sound system design approach that maximizes the initial wavefront from the LCRs.
Patrice claims this helps the systems achieve the most realistic and powerful bass response in a multichannel home theatre sound system today.
Patrice will be on-hand to talk in-depth about Audio Excellence and the Congard Code on the main floor of the CEDIA Expo at booth #4947.